We handpaint onesies and tee's and sew handcrafted burpcloths

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14





Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine

To me, Valentines Day has always been just another day. My husband and I are keeping our spending to a minimum so we promised each other no spending money on v day. Friday, I spent my morning getting groceries and oh my gosh Walmart was crazy with last minute valentine shoppers. I couldn't even get to the valentine cards because there were so many looking at them. SO, my mom suggested I make him a card. I surprised him friday night with chili (his request) and homemade chocolate covered strawberries (his favorite).

He woke up to homemade cinnamon buns baking away in the oven saturday morning and woke up this morning to his favorite candy, sour patch kids. All in all, my valentines day to him was very simple. BUT Mr. Billy McEntire went all out (for us anyway). I spent my saturday finishing up a few tee's and was told we had to be out the door by 5:15. I was told to wear a dress and nothing else. McEntire was decked out....he had on black slacks, a light purple button down shirt, and suspenders! He. was. smokin'. I drove us to our secret destination...shogun. I've never been to shogun (sad, I know) and oh my gosh it is sooo good. Sarah and Garland met us for dinner there, neither of us girls knew we were meeting up with each other. After dinner the boys surprised with DANCING!!! Billy even packed flats for me. We went up to Bella Vista and ballroom danced the night away...a perfect valentines day.

And I didn't take one single picture....ugh, I could punch myself.

No comments: